[Dailydrool] Some drool please

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 06:36:28 PST 2013

I'm going to ask for some drool and a few prayers for our Jersey girl. She
had a cyst rupture several weeks ago and it is not healing on its own so
she will be having that removed and biopsied along with another cyst plus
she will have her teeth cleaned on Friday. I'm sure everything will be fine
but it does make me anxious to have my old girl put to sleep for any length
of time at her age. Of course, we really don't know how old she is!
Certainly she is at least ten but we mature ladies always keep people
guessing about our ages! This old gal has her paws firmly wrapped around my
heart so please keep her in your prayers.

I checked on Golden Gate's standing in the Shelter Challenge today and we
are barely in third place. I have to say, the voting format that they're
using in the Challenge the last two voting periods is not as user friendly
as the original one was but please continue to vote every day. I don't know
any rescue that isn't struggling and Golden Gate will certainly make good
use of whatever prize they win.

We survived Thanksgiving without too many mishaps. After almost falling
over Ginger the other day, I got smart this year and gated the Houndettes
and mastiffs out of the kitchen while we were doing heavy duty cooking and
then gated everyone in the family room while we ate so no one scored. I was
firmly scolded by all six of them when they were released but I thought it
would be nice for the grand kids to make it through one whole meal
without Jersey scoring something off their plates! She knows the little
kids are easy marks! Now we have to work on Christmas!

The Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in need!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger