[Dailydrool] OH DEM ITCHY HOUNDS !!!!

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 12:12:41 PST 2013

we are probably expert  on this issue,  wish there were  good answers  ,
but the truth is this   , there are no right or  wrong answers,  everything
with itchy hounds is trial and error.   Maggie is my second hound with
allergies,  my first Basset Lucy, I was  totally clueless and did mega doses of
preds for years until we damaged her  liver and then we refinanced our home so
we could take her to a clinic up in  Michigan for liver enzyme treatments.
well, now I have Maggie who has had  SEVERE allergies since the age of 2,
we have done allergy testing 4 times  !!!!!!!  two by blood and 2 by scratch
test. we have changed food a  gazillion times and even home cooked for her,
guess what??  she still  has bad allergies,  she gets a bath every two
weeks and takes extract ,  plus  she was on Hydroxyzine  which made her a
complete Zombie,   so we now have her on 2 Benadryl three times a day.  I home
cook for  her  sweet potatoes and venison.  we ran out of venison, so she now
eats ELK  which is the God Awful smelling meat you will ever cook,
actually makes me gag.  it is now cooler & we are back on the deer road  kill list
here in Maumee OH Hell Yes,  I am the damn nut who goes out at 5  AM  in my
pajamas,  cold windy, rainy and I'm hauling  dead deer  carcass out of the
expressway ditch  covered in blood, hair and deer  pee !!!!!! and hubby wants
me to explain WHY ????  did he marry me  ??????  CAUSE I'M SO MUCH
FUNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!

we have good days and then we have bad weeks with Maggie,  what works  this
week, will back fire on your next week. It is hard, it is constant work to
try and make her comfortable,   like my vet said  " she will never  be
normal,  but we can try & make her life   COMFORTABLE.  I use a cream on Maggie
called ( Tritop )  it has  hydrocortisone in it, but it is topical, so it
calms the itching

Marlene  mommy to Maggie & Annie

PS  dis me Annie.   my mommy took me outside last night to  go potty, it
very dark out,  I don't like da dark, it scares me, so I wuz  doing my number,
 mommy calls it number ,it's just POOP,  anyways der  wuz some kind of
monster on my neighbors back porch, it scared  me really  bad,  I let out big
sissy yelp and I run past mommy and Maggie and run fur  da back door.  I aint
nebber going back der again in da dark  !