[Dailydrool] Need Help Before I End Up in Padded Room

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 12:18:36 PST 2013

Jennifer here.  Browyn the Fairy Princess is driving me insane.  I need
help.  I think all of you know that I really do love this hound.  We are
just having one problem: she doesn't sleep.  Really.  She is not a good
napper.  She doesn't sleep at night well.  If she kept this to herself
there would be no problem, but she doesn't.  She screams.  She doesn't
howl.  She doesn't bark.  She screams.  It sounds like a two year old human
throwing a temper tantrum.

She does go in a crate when her brother go in their crates for naps and
bedtime.  At night she wakes up at 1:00 and screams for about 10-15
minutes.  She doesn't need to go out.  I tried.  All she wants to do is
play and be rocked.  Then she wakes up between 4:00 and 4:30 and screams
until the dad gets in the shower between 5:30 and 6:00.  This is getting
very old.  Bugsey is so tired he is a real crab to everyone.  Beauford just
wants to sleep next to me when I am downstairs.  I am exhausted.  I am
pretty sure the dad is as well.  We expect everyone to sleep in crates for
two reasons: 1. I am very allergic to dogs and am not supposed to have
them.  The deal with the allergist is they don't go in the bedroom. 2.
Beauford would eat all the food in the house and Bugsey would shred all the
paper.  Browyn would destroy all the stuffed animals, dog beds and
furniture.

Any suggestions?  She is now two.  I thought she would have outgrown this
by now.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess