[Dailydrool] Mobile Vets

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sun Dec 8 12:15:33 PST 2013

We began using a mobile vet years ago and she was fantastic.  She was a pro
at finding the hiding animals (we also had cats), and no one escaped.  Once,
one of our cats decided that he was not going to get his shots so he ran
down the long hallway planning to jump over her (Siamese) and she grabbed an
empty laundry basket and caught him in mid-air.  Next thing he knew, he was
in the small bathroom getting his shot, his nails cut and other general
atrocities.

She later bought a small practice and has recently been voted the best vet
in the Fort Wayne area.  So...support those mobile vets.  She's also the one
who began to attach basset stomachs to the torso wall so that they couldn't
flip if bloat occurred.  All of our bassets (we've only had females) have
had this done when they are spayed.  She was an emergency vet for a while,
too.

Where would we be without these wonderful people?

Take care.
Katie, Lilie and Daffodil