[Dailydrool] Need help with a cat problem

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 13:41:18 PST 2013

Dear Drool Family, I am in need of a little advice with a cat problem that I have here at the farm.  First let me say that I am not a cat person...I don't hate them but really don't want them directly around me. Sorry to all the cat folks out there but its just how I feel.  Second this is not my cat...she was left here by the previous family that owned the property and apparently they let her into the house. I don't know what her health/vaccination/parasite status is so needless to say I don't want her in my house or to close to Colt & Ruger.  Hence this is my problem, because she keeps trying to run into the house whenever you open a door. I do not want her in the house, to me she is a barn cat therefore an outdoor cat. She has a purpose on the farm and therefore I allow her to stay here. She has access to get into the barn when there is bad weather and we provide her fresh food and water at the barn...I said I don't care for cats, but I am not a monster. However she is pushing me into becoming a monster.  Last night I opened the door to go check out a sunset and the little -bleep- bolted into the house, hounds went nuts! Cornering her under the kitchen table in a corner. Only thing separating them were the chair legs, so to keep the hounds from tearing into her or keeping her from ripping into them I had to get DamnC at at (that is her name by the way, since it is all that we called her when we where trying to move into the house and keep her out of the house) So I reached down grab her by the scruff and tossed her out the back door.  Dang thing came right back up on the porch!  I lost my mind and ran and grab the pistol...no I didn't shot her, not even at her but I shooed her and I did fire away from her.  Thinking this would keep her away from the house.  But NOoooo it did not, because she was back at the front door this afternoon! Now she is incredibly stupid or incredibly brave because I have, chased her, the dogs have chased her, I have thrown rocks toward her (never trying to hit her) thrown water on her (in the summer, not in the winter...again I don't want to hurt or kill her). I even put fox urine around the front and back porches.  Yes it stunk, but no it did not keep her away because 30 minutes after I spread it she was up on the front porch right up against the door.  So if anyone has any advice on how to keep cats way from your house especially the doors of the house I would very much appreciate it. I don't want to hurt her, just keep her away from and out of the house and at the barn/pastures where she belongs. I have heard about ammonia and moth balls but I don't want to put anything out that will hurt or effect the hounds because they have to go in and out of these doors too.  If I can't break her from this I will have to capture her and take her to the pound...which I really don't want to do...but I can't/won't allow her in the house.
Thanks again.
Michele, Colt & Ruger at Howling Hound Acres
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...