[Dailydrool] BARNEY

Ron Buries rburies at verizon.net
Mon Dec 9 21:27:54 PST 2013

	Hi need some help from my drool family.  Barney's not doing well. In August we had a barium x-ray done. Since January Barney had steadily lost weight and lost his desire to eat. The x-rays showed ulcers in his stomach. He was put on a diet and meds that seemed to work for a while. He gained some of his weight  back and then he stopped eating again. He had been on Royal Canine Gastro Intestinal  high energy dog food.He began to loose more weight. We finally did a sonogram which showed not only ulcers but a badly functioning gall bladder and a liver that wasn't well. There are other things going on in his tummy but it would take me a hour to git it all down. He is now on 5 medications to help him heal and get him eating again. My Vet placed him on a hypoallergenic kibble and can food. After a few days Barney refused to eat it. I finally started making him boiled chicken and rice which he eat for about a weak. Today he refused the chicken and rice. The vet opened a can of duck and he turned his nose up. He is down to 35 pounds.  His normal weight for 10 years was 50 pounds..does anyone have any suggestions what I could feed Barney? I'm afraid I'm going to loose him. He can't loose any more weight. Help

																																			Ron