[Dailydrool] Colt & Damn Cat Update

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 12:39:18 PST 2013

Hello Drool Family.
Well things have been going fairly well here. We were snowed & iced in from last Friday until Thursday. The snow covered farm was beautiful. Temps have been below freezing until yesterday. So needless to say we did not wonder to far from the house most of last weekend and last week. Colt had his last chemo treatment on 5 Dec. He has done very well with this new chemo medication protocol. He had a couple days of being a picky eater but other than that he was bight eyed and feeling pretty good. This week he has been feeling really good...you can see the mischief in his eyes again.   Him and Ruger even went out and played in the snow and he has even done a basset 500 or two.  Next Thursday he has another treatment...so please say a prayer and sling a little drool that he does just as well with this next treatment. We have been spoiling both of the boyz rotten. (not like they weren't spoiled already).  I try to give them a little extra attention, more belly rubs and try to keep positive vibrations flowing in the house. When I am up cleaning the house or doing other things other than loving on them, I try not to pass by them without at least petting and lots of times kissing their little pointy heads. I have also been trying to take several basset breaks throughout the day.  Where I quite working, and go sit in the floor or on the couch with them and just love on them and tell them how much I love them. If you have Face Book go check out the boyz playing in the snow by visiting the farm FB page at Howling Hound Acres.
As for the cat. I have not been able to find a no kill cat shelter close by. I will continue to try to find her a new home but in the meantime I have decided to keep her here...Outside mind you. She has lived outside for at least the last 2 years (1 year while the house sat empty while it was on the market to sell).  She has access to shelter, she is given fresh food and water. She is not being abused, only shooed away from the house...mainly when she is up on the front or back porches too close to the doors. I am even going to take a blanket out to the barn to make it more comfy for her out there. She might not be getting the human companionship or be in a house like she may want.  But at least she not being tormented or abused, and she is able to live her life being able to come and go as she wishes...(except for in the house) and is not confined to a cage waiting be euthanized. It might not be her or some folks ideal life for her...but it is a better life then a lot of animals have. I do appreciate everyone's suggestions and advice on this matter. I value all of my drool families wisdom.

Healing drool to all the hounds and humans that need it.  And heart healing drool to all of those whose beloved hound has made that journey to the bridge.

Michele, Colt & Ruger at Howling Hound Acres
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...