[Dailydrool] Update on Browyn the Fairy Princess and sleeping

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 07:38:25 PST 2013

We got Browyn a nightlight.  It is a Princess nightlight.  I was hoping for
a Fairy Princess nightlight (Tinker Bell), but this is Cinderella's Castle
in Pink with Princess written on it.  Even more important, it is an LED
light with automatic on and off feature.  It took some doing to figure out
the best place to plug it in.  That by itself didn't do it.  So, we have
added her thundershirt.  Last night she slept great.  Only time will tell
if this works.  If it doesn't, we will break down and put her in a crate
with Bugsey. I know that would work for her, but the DH and I talked and
Bugsey already feels responsible for her a lot.  He also does not have the
same energy level as she does.  Bugsey gets very cranky when he doesn't get
enough sleep.  He already gets stuck with her when we board them.  We are
not sure we want it to be a 24/7 situation for his sake.  Their crates are
across from each other.  So, they can see each other.  Beauford is next to
Bugsey and across from Browyn.  He takes excellent care of Browyn as well,
but he doesn't want anyone touching him when he sleeps.

It really isn't that Bugsey has low energy.  It is more a situation of
Browyn has an energy off the charts for a basset.  This little girl just
doesn't believe in sleeping when there are things to do and places to go.
 Thank goodness Beauford has taught her to play by herself so well.  She
plays with her toys by herself for hours on end.  Because Beauford taught
her how to throw her own balls (while I was cooking), she has no clue that
most dogs think their humans are supposed to throw the balls.  She has
several irregularly shaped balls that she adores.  She has no clue where
they are going so she gets to pounce and "kill" them!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and we are all wishing everyone a
great 2014.  We are sending prayers and drool to all the 2 leggers and 4
leggers that need it!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess