[Dailydrool] Introducing a new dog to a pack

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 10:41:06 PST 2013

I've been reading up on how to introduce a new adult dog to an established household of dogs. what I've read is to introduce the dogs one on one at a time in a neutral place, then walk them all together before letting the new dog enter the home. Once the new dog has arrived, don't fuss over it (pretend the dog is the pet of the other dogs). any other suggestions? Our new foster, Mila is arriving on Tuesday. (Not a great day since that night our neighborhood will explode with fireworks, but such
 Is life). I don't anticipate problems since we have had overnight doggie guests and even weeklong doggie guests in the past without incident, but this guest will be with us for a year and a half at least, so I'm especially eager to get things off on the right foot. so, any other suggestions? I know many of you are expert on this matter. Val