[Dailydrool] I know it's been forever.....

Susan Intessimone sintessimone at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 12:44:31 PST 2013

I know it's been a long time since we've been on here...so many changes in our life...and so many of you don't even know me....  After Murphy went to the Bridge in March, we acquired a couple of ankle-biters as strays that a rescue FINALLY took off my hands (I am forever grateful to basset rescue for ALWAYS responding to emails and trying to find places for stray bassets, unlike the local Lhasa Apso rescue who ignored every email and Facebook post I made asking for some guidance, if nothing else, to place the stray we had who was deemed to be purebred Lhasa...)

So the Jack Russell mix and Lhasa go to Second Chance Rescue in Connecticut on the Thursday before Xmas....and Saturday I get a FB post about a stray red and white basset boy dumped 30 miles south of San Antonio.  Nancy Bishop brought him to me and it was love at first sight!  We now have a baby boy basset (about a year old) named Dante Barchimedes Emmanuel Intessimone :)  Xmas Eve I get a panic text from a friend of mine here in San Antonio saying she found a female basset and didn't know what to do.  So, I picked her up, gave her a bath, and took her after Xmas to the vet to be scanned for a chip.  Lo and behold, there IS one, but it was implanted by Animal Control and never registered by the adopters.  They place 2 calls on consecutive days to the owners who don't respond to the voicemails.  Turns out, this girl, Lola, was at-large in July so them claiming her now would be over $100 fine.  ACS emails me her paperwork (she has had shots and is
 spayed--yay) and says have fun finding her a home-- but in July she tested very strong positive for heartworms :(  The owners never treated her.  SO, I am trying to raise the funds to treat her and find a rescue willing to adopt her out.  There is no rescue in San Antonio, the rescue north of Austin won't take her because she's HW+, and emails to Basset Buddies in Houston or BRAT in Dallas have not been answered yet.  I can keep Lola as long as possible since my lease says I can have three dogs, but I can't afford the ridiculous $1200 HW treatment (back in KY, it was $250!)  I have a GoFundMe account set up for her and we've raised $375 so far....so I'm going to have to start posting awesome things on HoundsBay to raise the rest of it....

Susan and the San Antonio Bassets + 1
Jeremiah and Dante + Lola the foster
Rusty Paws ATB, Sammy ATB, Nellie ATB, Bert ATB, Barney Boy ATB, Sweenie ATB and Murphy ATB