[Dailydrool] Another Daily Drool calendar and another year (almost) behind us

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 14:14:20 PST 2013

Hi,

Kathy shipped the last of the original orders Saturday.  I know some of my
friends overseas are still waiting for theirs -- yours went December 14 and
should be arriving any day.  Also, some midwesterners are still awaiting
theirs -- oddly enough the USPS can get things faster from Virginia to
California than they can to the midwest because they fly coast to coast.  I
expect those to arrive today or Thursday.

I still have quite a few calendars left, so if you need another please let
me know.  Or if you received some money for Christmas a calendar is a nice
gift for yourself :-).

Thank you all for your support this year.  I wouldn't be able to do this
without a few very special people.  The first is Kathy Strasser, my
shipping elf extraordinaire.  Due to my crazy work schedule this year the
calendars were dumped on Kathy right at the height of holiday madness, and
she worked like a Trojan to get them out.  I couldn't do this without Kathy.

Two other elves you may not know about are Esther Strom and Denise Manna.
 Esther maintains the calendar website dailydroolcalendar.com.  And Denise
is my PhotoShop expert.  For those of you who send me two pictures or
pictures that need tweaking Denise is kind enough to work her magic.  Many
thanks to all three of these special ladies.

My husband is retiring in early February and has promised to be my Chief
Elf, so I'm hopeful that you'll see a much less crazy process next year.
 He's very organized and very process-oriented, so I have high hopes :-).

Many of you thank me for doing this each year.  I have to tell you, it's
one of the most rewarding things I do.  So many of you reach out to me to
send "angel" calendars to people who can't afford them but who need a lift.
 And let me tell you, it's not the Rockefellers doing it.  I get notes
like, "I was able to pick up an extra shift this week and wanted to help
someone."  If that doesn't warm your heart nothing will.  I consider myself
lucky to be a part of this group, and to do this for the group and for
everyone who loves it.  Happy New Year to you all.  Laura