[Dailydrool] Heartworm

Ginny Tata-Phillips bassetplantation at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 16:26:11 PST 2013

We give Heartworm preventative and flea preventative all year round.  I get
lazy on the tick situation for the several freezing months in Virginia -
although I probably should not.

Let me just tell you that after rescuing one HeartWorm positive dog (my
Charles ATB who lived to be 15) I will never miss a dose for any of my
dogs.  He died because he was OLD, OLD, OLD, not because of any vaccines or
preventative treatments we ever gave him.

And as for treating year round?  Well - I found a mosquito in my bathroom
last week - in December in 30 degree weather.  Go figure.  Go get your
HeartWorm meds and give them regularly!

--
Ginny Tata-Phillips

*Co-author of RESKU, DOGKU, BIRDKU, HORSEKU, PETKU and HAIKU IS THE SPICE
OF LIFE with Diane Grindol and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with Tom Schreck*
*www.gspotsylvania.wordpress.com <http://www.gspotsylvania.wordpress.com>*