[Dailydrool] Scary Rawhides

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 29 09:41:33 PST 2013

Dear drooler,
To add to the rawhide discussion, we do not do them at all here.  This was
due to several reasons,  one being fights, but the most important, and why
we stopped is because I had a hound get a blockage from one.  She had chewed
the rawhide up small enough to swallow, but it was still quite large.  She
stopped pooping and after x-rays, and 3 days without feeding her, she
finally pooped again and that was the last time any hound of ours got a
rawhide.  Hate them,  maybe poodles or dogs that do not live and die by
their stomachs can have them safely, but we will never have them again here,
pig ears included in that.  Now I have fed some cod skin, which is twisted,
sort of like a rawhide, but much less dense.   And I break them up from a
long length to a short one.  A friend of the Bounders sent some for
Christmas and all but 4 of the hounds love them!

Drool to all!
Wen and the Bounders