[Dailydrool] Another To The Bridge

WitInc at aol.com WitInc at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 03:37:53 PST 2013

Was just talking with Leslie Ames of Montana Basset Rescue who has been
helping with Boomer our Megasophagus boy for the last year to tell her he has
gone to the Rainbow Bridge. He needed special food and care as he had a
condition called Megasophagus and so they decided to help. Helping because he
could use the helpone rescue to another.
We already have found a new home for his "Baileys Chair"!

Boomer just was so tired of trying just so tired and sick so we  helped him
to the Bridge. He fought like a Lion to live and oh he had such a  bouncy
trip to his step in the good days he was on air like a dancer!

We never figured out how anyone no matter WHAT could possibly give him up
to rescue he was such a delightful companion such a biG love...AND biG  PAWS
like a Lions PAW! We miss him so much.

Funny how it happens but in the heart of the sorrow of our beloved going to
 the Bridge friends dogs and our dogs at home dieing there comes along MORE
 Houndies in need. We are kept busy tending to them and the Daily Drool
goes on  and we read the sometimes Houndie language not baby talk but ah
hem...so fun and  yes even silly.....  the love and humor come through in the
digests and the tears dry and the DD family share stories and soon we smile
and maybe laugh til tears come. A brief time to follow along...forget our
troubles and to share our troubles.

Tonight I was sad thinking of so many having gone to the Bridge lately and
a storey of a Droolers Basset DROPPING the roll of candies he had
swiped..he was  good he MINDED HIS MAMA! Oh what a relief to laugh and to enjoy the
DD  Hounds!

In this sad time of the losses of such magnificent friends as Alehoundro
and our Boomer of the others going to the Bridge we have been comforted
reading  about them and reading the things you write on the Daily Drool.

The Ah ha moments  when you tell your friend gee how your darlin  houndie
is being soooo good~ the strong willed Basset jumps up to help  herself to
the waffles gets told NO! So she agrees and pauses.  WHAT A GOOD  GIRL TO MIND
HER MAMA! We turn our backs. The Basset goes around the  table fast as
lightning to jump up after the waffles on the OTHER side  of the table. No time
to laugh at the time as we are too busy saying OFF and  pushing chairs back
in that are teetering! But thinking about it now it makes me  smile at her
"naughtiness" wishing I could tell you all better and hoping you  know how
that is..the DETERMINED HOUND! we al love and enjoy them so and  oh how they
entertain us.

Love and Woofs, Alexa