[Dailydrool] thank you to drool family

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:09:04 PST 2013

Not wanting to launch a pity party for myself, but I have been living in functional chaos since 2009, the loss of Pierre Sr., a few weeks later, Mom's fall and her journey of institutional living those being not great at times and my sister going through breast cancer treatment.
The good news is I got a lot of necessary improvements done to the house, Sister, Donna, has completed treatment and is gaining strength and a more positive outlook, and we plan to bring Mom home, always her wish, but the time was not right until this Spring.  She developed a horrific bed sore at Assisted Living, despite that I even hired a private aide for her, in addition to the resident staff.  I am told the wound is closing and it stopped tunneling.  Her current Nursing home is OK, but I am hearing things now that makes me worry.
In preparation, I have been doing my best to tidy loose ends and super clean.  I got to my catch all drawer which was loaded with Daily Drool Howliday cards from 2009 to 2011, and I took the afternoon off to embrace a few years of cards, smile, laugh, cry and admire.
My goodness, drool family, you are wonderful and amazing.  The creativity and love that you share is beyond words.  I thought I was going to make room and discard a few, but I just cannot.   Many of the faces are now ATB, and I had a chance to rejoice in their being once again and say a prayer.  Many of the names on the cards post no longer, but that is understandable.  With all the lists out there and the social media opportunities, I am sure many have drifted elsewhere.
I look at facebook from time to time, but I am not active on it.  I didn't even get my first computer until 2005.
I just want to shout out my thanks to the DD community because over the years it has been so wonderful.
I am bracing for the storm.  We got through phase one of snow which turned to rain early.  Now the winds are kicking in, and it is still mostly rain, turning to sleet.  Snow will be here in a few hours at the latest, and my biggest fear is losing power again.
I have been doing a diet detox, mostly eating fruits and vegetables, and limited protein and carbs, and now I have a nasty rash on one of my arms.  I think it is diet related, and it doesn't bother me, except it is ugly.  I have lost over 8 pounds for hounds since the second week in January, but I am breaking protocol and having wine RIGHT NOW.  I am so terrified of this Northeaster, so while I wish drool for everyone in "Nemo's" path, I am kinda almost freaking out.
Newspaper and wee pads are covering many floors.  The herd doesn't need to go out in this weather.  I had them out at 2 pm, and most came in to do their business.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and my best friends, the 4 paw crew