[Dailydrool] Mud Season

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:23:15 PST 2013

OOOOOooooooooooog
My yard is a swamp. I mean a swamp.  I used to kind of like the smell of
river bottoms, but I don't think I do anymore. Because I have 3 dogs that
come in not just smelling like a riverbottom, but looking like one.
My Bassets have never been scrupulously clean, their big feet collecting
mud and slime and tossing it happily onto their bellies, their ears
dragging in the muck.....But my Belgians have usually been neat. Not this
one. Give a boy a wallow, and he's a happy puppy.
My Mud Room, which is the utility room, is. Mud.
My kitchen is...muddy.
My dining room has a grey, sandy floor.
My living room rug is...............probably ruined.
It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't ALL leapers. Leap to say hello. Leap
to say thanks. Leap to get a biscuit. Paw Prints on the counter....
MomPerson, holding towels and a mop, to Llewis, Conley and Doc and to
Nigel, who is not allowed outside right now.