[Dailydrool] Rolph's gotcha day

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Mon Feb 18 08:24:11 PST 2013

I am most remiss. So much so I would have been sacked as Number One Basset Slave had there been an alternative.

As those of you who have the excellent Daily Drool calendar will know, Sunday was Rolph's 6th gotcha day. Six years since this fluffy canine maelstrom taught me about counter-surfing, food- snatching, bin-diving, fridge-opening, cupboard-raiding, flat basseting and all the other perfect ingredients of bassetdom.

At eight years old, he is slower now than he was, but not as slow as he should be, given his achy joints. He retains mobility thanks to Droolers tips on supplements and when needed can still move like a speed-of-light bear. Nowadays he tends to trade socks for treats rather than swallow them - but not always. He struggles with itchy feet and lipfold pyroderma and we don't always agree on applying the medication (especially to his mouth), but he remains happy, naughty and loved.

The only being who actually has him under any sort of control is Clara. Luckily she is comparatively obedient and I can sometimes instruct her to instruct him. Sometimes.

Belated happy gotcha day to my beautiful long-haired basset boy.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK

This document is private and confidential.
All property, copyright and other rights in it and its contents belong to Newsquest Media Group Limited.
It must not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used without Newsquest's authorisation. Newsquest may exercise its legal rights and remedies in the event of any such unauthorised use.

Newsquest Media Group Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111. Registered office: 58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP.