[Dailydrool] I need foster help!

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 09:18:32 PST 2013

Hey all! I need advice. I started fostering a young, recently neutered hound. He is a good boy, very sweet disposition. A little mouthy, but hoping to hear from the rescue's trainer in how to manage that, and the occasional humping/ jumping.

I took him on partly to see how Baloo would do , and it truly troubles me to say Baloo is not on board. If he isn't roaring and snapping at the foster, he's ignoring him. It makes me so sad because the foster is a GOOD dog; he never yells back, all he wants to do is play. I feel I've done little except annoy Baloo here

I guess I thought they'd be instant pals and that Baloo "needed" another dog around. He did love Zoe, they bonded quickly and she went to the Bridge in December. Any advice on the pack dynamic? There hasn't been any bloodshed, thank God - do I just let them figure it out? Please feel free to contact me offline. I'm feeling I let my dog down, and the foster too because maybe he at least had dogs to play with at the kennel! Reality checks welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!
Lisa
Sent from my iPhone