[Dailydrool] Second Opinions

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Mon Feb 25 15:50:56 PST 2013

Our Pixel, age 12, had a large growth on her hind leg.  The surgeon at our
vet's office said it could only be removed by general anesthesia.

That did not seem reasonable to us so went to our son and
daughter-in-laws's vet who treats their cats.

 This vet was adamant that for something like removing a large growth and
because of her age, she should not have general and removed it in 20
minutes with a local and without any sedative.  Cytology exam showed it was
benign but this vet did a biopsy just to be sure--it was very large and
deep.  In any event, he said was not any type of systemic tumor.

I am so glad we went for the second opinion and she had a recheck today and
all is well.  Stitches will be removed next week.

I think sometimes vets find that general is the easiest for them.  She had
good labs and EKG.

Sally, Pixel and Browser