[Dailydrool] Prescription dog meds

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Feb 18 02:16:35 PST 2013

Anyone who owns a basset should know that some glaucoma eye drops can be gotten cheaper at a pharmacy.  I discovered that when someone posted the information to the blinddogs site, and it saved me a lot of money. I only wish I'd known it as soon as we got Dexter. I could have saved Tri-State more money too.

Since bassets are prone to glaucoma, every basset owner should keep this fact in the back of the brain. Getting the drugs through the eye vet costs an awful lot more, and some of these drops don't last all that long, so the medication bill adds up quickly, especially when you are using three or four drugs at the same time. Dex had one or two drugs that had no generic version and couldn't be gotten cheaper, but where you can save, you might as well take advantage of it. Those visits to the eye doc add up!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets