[Dailydrool] Blood in digestive system

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:45:44 PST 2013

This is something we also are currently dealing with. The poor patient is Timber, our Spaniel mix (brudder to da Basset Boyz). On New Year's Day (naturally - emergency fees, etc.)Timber was vomiting pure blood. I was distraught! We called our vet, but it was her partner on call. (We are not particularly fond of him, but we had no choice.) They kept him overnight and gave him acid reducers, anti-nausea injection and an antibiotic injection. He had no more vomiting once he got him to the vet. He went home the next day, but this evening was vomiting blood again. Not as much as before, and pink instead of red. I am going to watch him tonight and if he vomits blood again I am going to call my regular vet tomorrow. What is going on with these babies? Drool to all that need it,Brenda and the Thundering Herd