[Dailydrool] this n' that

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:40:20 PST 2013

Happy New Year everyone!
Avocados are not poisonous to dogs- as long as they eat only the flesh. Don't let them have the pit or the skin. I put it into the veg for my hounds and know several others who do also.
Happy Gotcha day Elwood- sure hope that side of beef comes through for you!
Dear Llewis~ I have never met you, but am pretty sure I love you.
Becky- for Morse's itching you can try the creme that woman use for yeast infection. It is available over the counter here- brand name is Monistat, but it also made under cheaper store names. Also use just plain baby shampoo ( the yellow stuff) to wash down his feet at night. It isn't bothersome to the skin if you can't get it all rinsed off.
We hope Snoopy is feeling better. Blood is always scary and looks like huge amounts when it comes out like that. Pancreatitis is best handled with a bland diet. You do have to add something for flavor- a sick hound is really not very likely to eat something that has no taste. No fat broth, very lean hamburger, chicken or turkey are fine choices to add to some rice. The same diet would hold true for gastroenteritis or HGE- same thing with hemorrhaging. You don't want to use no-salt as they need some salt when they are tossing and spewing all they have inside. It might take 3 days before he poops for you- after all he's just cleaned it all out! Encourage water intake- but don't let them gorge, spread it out over time.
droolies, Angelika