[Dailydrool] This and that

Daria dariaemma at verizon.net
Fri Jan 4 03:57:52 PST 2013

Happy New Year to everyone from Tony in FL, his mp and dp.  We wish a great year for all. Tony is in major drool production so Snoopy, Horton and all others in need get the buckets ready.  Your drool is on the way.
On the subject of belly problems, I have been there along with 3 bassets.  Benson, the 1st, could eat ANYTHING including eggplant Parmesan and lasagna until he turned 10. Then after the first bout of bloody diarrhea, it was bland diet and belly pills, flagyl.
Arnie had belly issues from the outset.  Flagyl, sulfa something, peptones, Zantac, kaopektate, bland diet, etc.  mostly IBD and the occasional pancreatitis.
Tony gets bouts of diarrhea and eats the palm trees.  We have no grass to eat so its the next best thing. He is also on flagyl occasionally and Pepsid twice a day.
All 3 had bloody explosive diarrhea when going thru this. The only common denominator in all this is me.  Am I making my dogs nervous wrecks? Stop chewing your feet, drop it, sit, get outside, get inside???
Right now Tony is chewing at the tops of the front paws. No fleas, no redness.  I keep his nails trimmed. I can only think they are sore from arthritis. He is on Rimadyl 2x day but may have to increase dosage.  Most chewing happens when dose is due or shortly before dose has taken effect.
We miss the drool cards.  Tony would get 1st sniff.
Again drool to all and Llewis, next time you are outside and getting chilly, AARRRRROOOOOOOHHH!  Never forget, you are a house dog and want to sit on Mr Biskit's lap all day.

Tony in fl, Daria and Jimmy

Sent from my iPad