[Dailydrool] whiskers

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Fri Jan 4 07:39:12 PST 2013

Gotta chime in on one of my favorite subjects.  I firmly believe
bassets have whiskers for a reason.subsequently, ALL my bassets since the
early 1980's (am I dating myself?) have been shown with whiskers on.
(and I finished 30 or 40 basset hound champions that way ) When I started,
this was very rare.  EVERYBODY trimmed whiskers.  Some still
do.  I have a friend who actually has in her puppy sales contract
that the new owners must keep the puppy's whiskers trimmed.  I cringe
when I see it.  I have seen, I swear I have, blind bassets walking
along a wall, close enough for their whiskers to just barely touch to keep
track of where they are and to keep from bumping into things.
Fortunately the fashion of smooth faces has made was to the au natural
hippie bassets with full facial hair as fewer and fewer people trim.

Just my observations

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL
NOT WAR