[Dailydrool] hot spots

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Fri Jan 4 07:56:47 PST 2013

This is going to sound very strange.  A friend noticed that her big
boy champion basset , who tended to get red and inflamed i n his leg
wrinkles, always seemed to get a bit better on show weekends.  After
some thought she attributed it to the "chalk" she used at shows
to whiten his legs.  She started using it several times a week, and
the redness went completely away.  She used grooming chalk which now
is a bit difficult to get except from horsey websites where it costs a
fortune. ( I am accustomed to paying about $5 for 2 sticks.  Talk
about sticker shock.  Anyway,  we discovered that pool cue chalk
is the same thing.  We looked around on line and found a place to get
an enormous cone of pool cue chalk for just a few dollars ( I don't
remember how many).

Can't hurt to try.
MAKE DROOL NOT
WAR