[Dailydrool] Bath dialogue and drool for Humphrey

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Jan 9 07:54:07 PST 2013

Baths in the Dashing Basset household are mostly a warm-weather thing. With the dad slave's back trouble and the mom's ticker trouble, getting dogs in and out of a tub is a problem, and we don't have a straight walk-in shower. So this year I, the mom slave, bought a kiddy swimming pool, one of those flimsy hard plastic things that's a foot or so longer than the hounds. I tested it out on the hounds in the fall, and though they did not appreciate being wet, it worked just fine. Probably would work even better with two humans, but the dad slave is more likely to let hounds escape than hold onto a scrambling hound. Unhappily, since only cold water comes out of our hose and we we have no enclosed, warm area in which to bathe, we cannot do it in the cold weather. I barely managed to catch a warm day in the fall to do the last bath day. If I really had to bathe in cold weather, I'd have to have it done professionally. But for warm weather, the kiddy pool does just fine.

The hounds are sending Drool in the Winstanley Hounds direction, hoping that things will go better than expected for Humphrey and his humans. If not, our pupsalso know the comforting power of the slimy stuff.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets