[Dailydrool] Beauregard ATB

Leigh Ann Herrin beauregard1 at cox.net
Fri Jan 11 22:40:11 PST 2013

I lost my Heartdog tonight.  Beauregard was under the weather this
morning with a large hot spot. I washed it with chlorhexidine and gave
him 2 benadryl, a tramadol, and a antibiotic. He refused breakfast but
drank his usual amount of water. He slept today, his usual napping, and
was able to get on the couch when I left this evening to run a few
errands. I came home about 4 hours later and Beauregard was in the
laundry room on his side, lethargic, and unable to get up. There was
diarrhea everywhere. It appeared as if he had had a stroke as he
couldn't stand and his left side was flaccid. My boyfriend went to clean
a spot in the back of my SUV for Beau to lay on to transport him to the
Emergency Vet, about 2 miles away. He starting shaking and went into
full seizure activity as we were loading him into the truck. I called on
the way and they met us at the door and took him straight back. Five
minutes later my boy was gone. Just like that. He had seized, went
unresponsive, and his heart stopped while I was holding him. Goodbye my
sweet boy. You are forever in my heart. --Leigh Ann (momslave to
Rockefeller, Mark, ATB, and BeauregardATB--Pensaocla, FL)