[Dailydrool] A non aggressive-type moon dog

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 17:43:32 PST 2013

I have a moon dog also--Bo, Commander in chief of the Pacific Basset Feet. Bo is gentle through and through, though. Unless his brother is physically removing food already in Bo's jaws from him, Bo shows no aggression. but he gets very restless and can't sleep if there is a full moon. He wanders about and bays for no discernable reason if tHe full moon is up. On such nights I can count on being awakened at 2 AM, 3AM, 4 AM, 5AM, and 6 AM. Bo wants "something" from me but neither of us can figure out what. It helps a little to have all the blinds down, but not a whole lot. this usually lasts about two days and then stops. nd Bo is mostly blind, so I'm guessing it has less to do with light and more to do with gravitational pull.