[Dailydrool] Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 22 09:56:29 PST 2013

Snoopy had this 3 weeks ago.  He is 7 and a half.  Scared the living daylights
out of us.  It was terrible, started with vomiting and then he was pooping pools
of blood.  Awful.

They gave him shots of stuff at the vet and sub Q fluids.  He was on flagl for 5
days.  And bland diet.  He is allergic to chicken so I was boiling ground beef
to get rid of any fat and adding that to rice.  He was on that for 5 days as
well and most unhappy about it.

He has been back on Blue Buffalo lamb/rice and standard treats and chasing
around the house and yard acting like nothing ever happened.

Good luck and I hope your boy makes a full recovery as well.

--Dale