[Dailydrool] Tramadol

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jan 28 01:52:55 PST 2013

Take it from one who has taken it: Tramadol is very bitter, very nasty tasting. I do not blame any dog for not wanting to swallow it.

Our Belvedere was a very sweet fellow. He took tramadol for a long time, but one day he just started refusing it. I tried all the usual tricks, and he just would not take it. Not long after that, we lost him to the terrible arthritis pain he'd suffered all his life since we got him at age five. He could no longer walk, and I could no longer get him to take the pills. I think he just wanted to be free of the pain. It was incredibly sad.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets