[Dailydrool] Leather furniture and such

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 13:59:17 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We have leather dog-beds -- an armchair, a love seat and a couch. Oh, and
an ottoman. We've had them since 2005 -- at least, they've been dog beds
since 2005 when we moved into our current home. I just went and peered at
them to think about scratches on your behalf, Rose. I'd say they don't look
scratched. There are some marks on them -- but hey, they are 7 years old --
and there's nothing really obvious or awful-looking. We wipe them with a
damp cloth and don't use any cleaning products on them unless there's mud
or something yucky stuck on -- more likely the result of an eating nephew
than a dog, I would note. We've been really happy with them. I can't
imagine a basset on cloth furniture but the leather ones stay remarkably
non-doggy.

Paddi and Vern join me in sending greetings to all and sundry for Canada
Day. Vern would also like to report that he had a major dental a couple of
weeks ago, plus a cyst ("odd looking but I don't think it's anything
dangerous") removed from his butt recently. He's doing really well despite
four extractions. He intercepted some drool sent around for others --
that's what healed him, he is sure.

Mary
& Vernon Q & Paddi B, the Bassets