[Dailydrool] Marking on Walks

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 03:25:33 PDT 2013

I have always allowed the dogs to pee on everything for the first block
near home, or thereabouts. After that, we'd walk and leave the watering to
others. It isn't a difficult task-- you just say "no" and gently steer them
back to walking. You have to keep moving, however.
I also do not allow peeing on private property (or pooping.) but keep the
dogs on the parking. They may SNIFF  in a yard but that's it. It is amazing
how fast they pick up a command like "not in the yard"
My DH argues that the walk is for them and they should be allowed to stop
and sniff everything, but I believe there should be a limit.
I have people who walk their dogs past my house and stop and let them sniff
and pee in the yard while my dogs thunder and scream behind the window 5
feet away. I know the owner's hear them. Now why would you do that to
someone's dogs?

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and even Doc "gets it"