[Dailydrool] Fireworks

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 04:55:18 PDT 2013

Well, Ginger survived the fireworks. We had picked up some meds from the
vet but, after reading some of your experiences with Ace, decided not to
give them to her. I can't imagine being afraid and not being able to move!
So she got a good dose of Benadryl and spent the evening being tightly held
on my lap. Unfortunately her anxiety also made her very aggressive with the
other Houndettes so we had to stay apart from everyone but it worked out
ok. I'm so glad all of you posted your experiences with that medication
before I gave it to her! Thanks so much for sharing! I wish I had had time
to get the online meds I've ordered but I know that they will come in handy
later for the storms we've been having this season. Thanks everyone for the
advice and suggestions!

The mastiffs will be staying with us for a week while our daughter goes
north to visit family and friends. Brutus (the 125 pound mastiff) recently
turned eleven and is really slowing down. Unfortunately, we have quite a
few stairs in this house so he may have to be gated downstairs because his
arthritis has gotten pretty bad. He's taking the Triple Joint stuff along
with an NSAID and Tramadol every day but you can tell he's still
uncomfortable. I think we've been very lucky to have kept him so healthy
for as long as we have but he's really starting to show his age.

Get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger