[Dailydrool] Gross Alert-about Poop eating

melissa gibson magbjh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 12:57:49 PDT 2013

So my boy Abe is an avid poop eater. Mostly he eats other dogs but sometimes also his own. I have read that some dogs who were strays and used to scavaging will sometimes do this. Abe was a stray before he came into rescue, he was found running down the highway with another dog. However I have had him almost three years and he is well feed, gets lots of treats and seems otherwise happy and healthy. How do I get him to stop eating poop. If I catch him I yell and run after him and he stops. Besides the fact that this is gross I am more concerned now because he has started eating his own poop right after he poops it. Literally goes poop, turns around, eats it. He used to eat my Daisy Mae's poop when she would have an accident in the night and now she is ATB. Does this mean he is lacking certain nutrients in his diet. Help! Any experiences or advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Melissa (Don't kiss me with that poop eating mouth!)
Abe (but mom, I am helping keep the yard clean)
Roscoe( You can have mine)