[Dailydrool] Triflexis

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 8 16:06:25 PDT 2013

To the best of my knowledge, Triflexis is an oral medication that would negate the need for a topical application medicine.  My Vet was considering putting our hounds on it, but since a possible side effect is vomiting, and since I have so many hounds it would be difficult to determine at any given time who was vomiting after the fact.   I have instead switched from interceptor (temporarily not available) and K9 advantix, to heart guard (waiting for interceptor to return) and K9 advantix, and now sentinal (interceptor is no longer available) and K9 advantix.  That being said, I am continuing with the heartworm meds monthly, but now am giving the topical every 45 days.  The less chemicals on and in my babies, the better I feel about it.  In my opinion, K9 advantix has a lesser burn sensation than Frontline.  Pierre Sr. educated me about that, he could not tolerate Frontline, but he could the  K9 advantix, and Little Nikki used to freak out, trying to rub Frontline off as soon as I put it on her, but she doesn't do it with K9 advantix.  However, K9 adavantix is deadly to cats, so my Vet doesn't sell it in his practice, and I buy it on line from Drs Foster and Smith.  If you have a household with cats DO NOT USE THIS.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the Gypsy Van hounds