[Dailydrool] Zoey Silberg

Richard Silberg richberyl at everestkc.net
Sun Jun 9 15:11:55 PDT 2013

Hi, Droolers!  Here’s another new member of our Drool family – we’ve welcomed Zoey to our household, and it looks like she’s agreed to adopt us.  If you want to see a picture of her, I can email you one – let me know your email address and I’ll send it out to you.  Thanks to Chris Bly at Western Missouri Basset Rescue, we once again are sharing our lives with our own basset hound.  She’s beautiful and sweet-natured, 3 yrs old, in the 50 lb range.  White collar, paws, tail tip and tummy – otherwise chocolate colored coat.  We’re having fun with her, and the 2 visiting beagles and the cat (they’ve been here 3 yrs) aren’t thru glaring at her yet.  She seems to be oblivious to their displeasure, and just wags her tail and barks at them.  She seems prone to running away, so we must be careful about opening our front door.  She also eats kleenex, paper towels, napkins and the like – she’s quite the counter surfer.  So far (we’ve had her 2 wks) she’s grabbed my lunch sandwich off the table twice when I just reached for my cup of coffee.  She got a good report at the vet, so we’re really settling in.  She caught a ground squirrel yesterday and refused to give it up, and when the beagles wanted to inspect what she had, there was a lot of growling.  Because Raymond had been fairly easy about everything, I’d forgotten what a really active, strong dog was like.  I hope to teach her to sit and stay.  Anyway I wanted you to know about our new “baby.”  Congrats to Carla on her new baby Taffy.  And Jackie, I hope JP is continuing to do OK.  Robin, I was so sorry to learn your friend Gigore has such a terrible illness.  To our friends who have lost their houndies, our hearts go out to you.  We know only too well what you’re going thru.  And we hope all the ailing houndies get better soon.
                                             Beryl & Richard      & Zoey