[Dailydrool] Oh, those nails

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 19:44:27 PDT 2013

Last month I thought I had it conquered. the hounds let me clip their nails for the first time in years. this was a great boon. Otherwise it costs me $20 per dog for a nail clip, once a month. that adds up.
  well, today I started again for this months manicure. No dice. I got one nail clipped on Harley before he squiggled in a panic out of reach. I got three of Bo's done, and of course quicked the last one-- a bleeding hound was out the door before I could get first aid and then into a hole dug under the house. "I am going to bleed to death quietly here, mom". yeeks. I lured him out with dinner and the bleeding seems to have stopped. "I packed it with dirt, mom, you sadist!"
  So, I guess it's back to the vets for trims.
  At least the vet doesn't have to put them under for a trim (Go Brudder Elwood).
  Sigh. I'll deal wi the blood drop path to the door tomorrow.