[Dailydrool] Gracie reports (warning, graphic!)

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:53:46 PDT 2013

I had a similar experience with Dexter just before the GABR auction.
 Instead of dried fruit, Dexter ate almost 12 cups of dog food.  I had two
bags of dog food (6 cups each) for our fosters (I usually send dog food
with them when they're adopted).  While we were dropping off the other dogs
at boarding, Dexter managed to get the two bags down off the counter-height
table.  Imagine my surprise when we returned.

Dexter was monitored during the 3+ hour drive to the the auction. As I
drove north up I-55, I kept checking on Dexter.  I knew vet clinics along
the way - just in case Dexter needed vet care.  During the auction, I
checked on him several times.  I had to leave the windows partially opened
that evening because of the gas.  Dexter's poor stomach was very enlarged
from all the dog food.  Don't worry basset moms and dads - I knew a local
vet that would make a housecall if needed.

Finally the next morning, the extra dog food passed through.  A pack of
great danes would have been proud of Dexter's purge.  At least he did it
before our drive home.

Dexter is my allergy boy.  He's on special food to help with his allergies.
 Unfortunately this dog food wasn't his special food.

Jan
Lady & Dexter