[Dailydrool] Heartgard Guarantee

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:38:11 PDT 2013

Merial guarantees if your dog becomes heartworm positive while on Heartgard
Plus that they will pay for heartworm treatment.  I only knew this because
my sister works at a vet clinic.  The guarantee is only through a vet
office; not an online pharmacy or actual pharmacy (like Walmart).

Merial requires the vet clinic to notify them and submit proper paperwork.
 It's my understanding they will only pay for the actual treatment.  The
dog owner is responsible for any pre-treatment medicine (like doxycycline)
or post-treatment medicine (such as a pain reliever).

BTW some vet clinics will match the online price for heartworm
preventatives. It never hurts to check on it.

Jan
Lady & Dexter