[Dailydrool] Clueless momPerson wants to know........

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 18 12:01:07 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's Dale here,

Where did everybody get these laid back bassets I wonder?  Because my boy Snoopy
is a PILL!  He doesn't bite but boy oh boy does he make some ruckus!  He got
asked to leave the dog park yesterday because he was yelling and ball guarding
and it made another dog uncomfortable.   I do understand when folks feel that
their dog is being bothered by Snoopy then I take him home.  He's terrible about
hogging toys, and he is totally IN YOUR FACE when he sees another dog or another
person on his walk, will NOT stop ahroooo'ing.  Usually at the park he spreads
it around but sometimes he literally "hounds" one dog and then we have to go.
Most of my neighbors are used to Snoopy's antics and will pet/play with him but
other neighborhood dogs, not so much.  There are some who will socialize with
him and/or play with him but most simply do NOT like his constant yelling.

LuLu takes nothing off of Snoopy.  Gracie is getting better.  She used to just
panic when he yelled at her, I mean peeing and the whole bit.  These days she
knows he's just a blow hard.  Yesterday she was marooned in the hallway again
and went to get up and he went for it so he was yelling and she was yelling and
I went to get a squirt bottle (hasn't happened in a while and didn't have one
handy) and by the time I found one and came back Snoopy was straddling Gracie
who was on her back and neither dog was making any sound or even nibbling on the
other dog.  I gave Snoopy one spritz and he stepped over Gracie and she got up
and gave him a dirty look and that was that.

I love Snoopy to pieces but he is one loud, bossy son of a gun.  He's been to
obedience training and he passed.  He's been in parades and waddles and to the
dog park a million times.  Honestly I DO suppose he's better now then what he
was 2 years ago when I rescued him but he is FAR from laid back.

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy who is IN YOUR FACE and LuLu
who is don't mess with me and I won't mess with you and Gracie who is in
between.  No laid back bassets here.