[Dailydrool] Mud

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 09:36:45 PDT 2013

When we moved to our smaller house 6 years ago, the lawns were in great
shape.  However, 6 years of digging, sniffing, peeing, pooping and running
have taken a toll on our fenced backyard.

Since we got Data, the beagle, he has recruited Truman to participate in
his hobbies of digging for voles and flushing birds out of the bushes. We
have large areas where the grass is very spotty.  Add our rain here in
Oregon, and that spells MUD.  The dogs bring the mud into the house and
Data sometimes "knocks" on the slider with his muddy paws.

Finally I signed up for a lawn service.  I love to do yard work, but I
decided that the lawn could be subcontracted out.  It's already looking
much better.  That leaves me with the planting of vegetables, perennials,
bulbs, and annuals, which I love.  Now my biggest yard challenge will be to
locate tomatoes somewhere in the yard where they get enough sun and are
protected from being a basset/beagle buffet item.

Please send drool for Trumie, who has strained his back.  He's resting up
with tramadol and a muscle relaxer.

Janice

--
Janice Henry Colvin