[Dailydrool] Foster

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sat May 4 10:15:15 PDT 2013

I just walked in the door getting home from work last night when the phone rang it was a man who had bought a dog from a farmer in Northern Missouri whose house he was working near.
This man saw the dog was in distress with fleas galore, a cherry eye, ticks all over, hair falling out by hunks, and so skinny he could count every rib. The man asked the farmer if he wanted to sell the dog. The farmer was happy to sell this man the Basset the farmer said he got this Basset and another one from a lady in Iowa.
The man who bought this dog named him Foster he kept him overnight at his home even though he is not allowed to have pets but took a chance that if he could get Foster out of his bad situation he could get him into rescue.
We made arrangements to go get Foster from his rescuer while I was on the phone with him. It was raining and sooo cold last night we were so glad this poor baby was finally out of danger and was going to start healing and becoming the spoiled rotten Basset he should have been since birth.
I picked each tick off of him brushed him and treated him with flea and tick medicine. Medicated his eye and we enjoyed a lovely evening together. This morning we went to the vet, got his shots, heartworm tested and arranged for him to have surgery next Friday. We want to thank all of the droolers and good people everywhere who actually have compassion for helping animals in need. So many of you out there have helped a poor Basset in need just like Foster and you continue to help Basset Rescues through your support. I know we hardly ever just say Thank You and wanted to express my genuine gratitude!