[Dailydrool] hound cleanup

Pat Wood patshoundies at hotmail.com
Sun May 5 05:16:16 PDT 2013

The Wood House hounds, various fosters from Suncoast Basset Rescue, are  "old" senior hounds...they come to us sometimes smelly from county shelters and animal controls.... I bought a 2007 Odyssey van new, it was the one with side door closest to the ground so the hounds could walk in (I do have a small ramp I put up for them)...it was sooo beautiful and new car smelly!  of course over the last years, it has certainly seen it's share of smelly houndie and oh the hair!  (never leave home without it!)...I "em - barked"   on a schedule of having my van mini-de-tailed every other week at the local carwash.  It costs about $25.00 but hey, it always comes out soooo nice, clean, hairless (well, for the most part) and I can even carry people in the van without having to apologizing to anyone!....the key here is....they know the "dog car" is coming in, and I always let them know there is an additional tip for them handed directly to them. The guys actually WANT to be the cleaners of the day...Its worth the $100 a month for sure.   And I found a great cleaning lady who "doesn't mind" cleaning up after the hounds.  She likes dogs and SHE HAS A DOG...so there is no problem with any "commercial" people who don't want to do their jobs!!!!And, I bought a very good vacuum cleaner (a Sears canister which beats the Dysons to pieces!) for her to use, and she just loves it.  I actually bought her one for her own house as a Christmas present...she's the best and she sure gets the house clean as a whistle every Friday!   Skip the commercial folks, you'll do better if you can find a cleaning person who has their own dog....no problems  Pat WoodHannah Banana - I don't like that vacuum cleaner but it works!Buddy & Becky - we love to donate lottsa hair and fur to the cause!