[Dailydrool] Janie Anne's 7th Gotcha' Day

Bill Armstrong barmstrong1027 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 06:21:20 PDT 2013

Has it been 7 years already?  It's amazing how fast the time flies.  I know
that I have been truly Blessed by finding my little Janie Anne.
I had always wanted a Basset Hound, but my living conditions, work and lots
of moving never let met even think about finding one of my own.  Yes, I'm
old enough to remember "The People's Choice" on TV in the 50's and I will
never forget Cleo.
My Father passed away around 8 years ago and I inherited his condo.  Since
I had multiple back and neck surgeries shortly before that, I wasn't
working (basically retired).
Some friends of mine had just rescued a Basset from a bad situation and I
met him (Jake).  The old idea of Basset ownership finally became more than
just an idle thought.
I went on Petfinders and found a relinquished Basset about 5 hours away
from me.  The picture of Dottie just struck some cord within my heart.  I
e-mailed and called and set up a meeting for the following day.   Mind you,
I hadn't driven more than about 5 miles at a time since my surgeries, and
here I was embarking on a 250 mile one-way trip to pick up a dog.
For me, it was love at first sight, not so much for Dottie.
We stayed in a motel that night and the "New" Janie Anne and I had begun a
life of mutual trust and love.
Her former life wasn't really  one of neglect or abuse, but just the people
couldn't keep her.

Through our 7 years together, Janie has not been at my side for a total of
maybe 6 days.  Sure there have been some trying times, some minor surgery,
a scare with her stomach and intestines, but all-in-all we have been very
lucky.

Janie will turn 11 this coming August 17 and although I understand that she
will not be with me forever, I pray that we will be given at least another
5 or 6 years.  I know that she will never leave my memory after she makes
her trip to the Rainbow Bridge.  I also believe that we will all be
reunited someday in the future.

I don't know who designates titles to the pups, but to me Janie Anne will
always be my little "Princess"
Sorry this is so long, but I haven't even scratched the surface of my love
for this little girl!
Please join in our celebration of Janie Anne's 7th Gotcha' Day.
Drool to all in need and special prayers to all who have experienced a loss
(2 or 4 leggers, even 3 leggers).
Woofs,
Janie Anne, Siobhan and Bill