[Dailydrool] Species Specific

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 07:37:56 PDT 2013

Having worked in the Vetspital for a number of years I have pretty much
overcome aversions to almost any kind of dogpoop, pee or pukeage. I can
take a tongue blade and sort through it all looking for foreign objects or
the tell-tale turquoise of Rat poison.

BUT
I am species specific.
Ask me to change a cute-as-a-button baby and I am gakking and retching all
over the place. People puke sends me the other way, FAST.
Cleaning our own bathroom is as close as I come to cleaning up after
humanoids. And even that......

I don't know if this is an individual thing or peculiar to animal owners.
Like Angelika I can interrupt my meal to clean up after the dogs and go
right back to eating when I have finished, with barely a thought. My dinner
dates with a Veterinarian and another Tech includes conversations that send
rational people rushing for the doors.....

MomPerson to Llewis, Nigel, Conley and Doc