[Dailydrool] Epilepsy

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Sun May 5 09:25:20 PDT 2013

We rescued Mier the basset from a horrible life in the desert end of October last year. He is doing very well and gained about 5kg inweight and is is spanking, shiny, male in the prime of his life. But for one thing : About a month after he joined us, he had an attack of epilepsy. It keeps on returning at about three to four weeks intervals. Today was really bad. In less than 24 hours he had three attacks.

Our previous vet in the city did not want to give medication to one of our atb bassets also with epilepsy, saying that it can change the dog's personality.

Advice or similar experiences from anybody ?

Frans Breytenbach