[Dailydrool] to lift or not lift the leg

Onslow Basset onslowbasset at roadrunner.com
Sat May 25 19:21:07 PDT 2013

Our 8-year-old Onslow rarely really lifts his leg when he pees….never has.  He stretches out his back legs, almost like he's posing on the judging bench, and lowers his hips ever so slightly. Sometimes if we're out for a walk, I'll see him left his back right paw off the ground a bit, touch with his curled toes a bit for balance, then back to normal when he's done.  We've always just figured his center of balance was such that lifting the leg really wasn't practical. He was likely to tip over!

Sue & Brian