[Dailydrool] Picky aged eater

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Sun May 26 21:49:22 PDT 2013

Am looking for suggestions to get a picky eater to eat. She's 15 and
healthy, but IMO spoiled rotten and the DP gets frantic when she won't
finish her meals. Granted, one's appetite often decreases with age, BUT
this rotten dog would eat Ol' Roy "rounds" or biscuits till your arm
fell off handing them to her -- just not the 10 or so various expensive
kibbles we've tried. She won't touch raw meat or cottage cheese or
yogurt. Mixing her kibble with cooked ground beef did not work (although
she probably would have eaten it if not mixed in with the nasty kibble).
Personally, I would just let her eat the Ol' Roy rounds, but I am not
the boss around here.

Since there are 8 other eager-eaters around here, there is a limit as to
how far I'm willing to go cost-wise to get her to eat "good" food.

Suggestions?
Riche