[Dailydrool] Giving Thanks

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 26 23:14:14 PDT 2013

Hi All, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,

Somebody we all know posted on facebook that positive thoughts make things
happen.  And that happened to me this weekend so I thought I'd post here, in
case anyone else was tempted to think good thoughts.

It all started on Thursday.  When I came home Greg told me that Gracie had
shreaded a diet pepsi box.  An empty 12 pack.  He'd picked up pieces of the box
all over the yard.  Well, I didn't think much of it.  She does that sometimes.
 Friday we didn't notice anything odd .... well not really ... she didn't poop
on her walk and she ALWAYS poops on her walk but I didn't put 2 and 2 together,
hey give me a break, I'm clueless remember?

So on Saturday Natalie's friend from summer camp had his Bar Mitzvah and I drove
her over an hour (each way) to be there on his big day.  Of course it is a
shabbat service and there is a time for silent/personal prayer and I always put
in something there for the well being of everybody at my house, 2 leggers and 4
leggers.  I was thinking I hadn't been to temple in a while and so on ..... well
the service was lovely and the brunch was wonderful and I drove the hour plus
home (left Natalie to stay with another camp friend's family and attend the
party in the evening with plans to pick her up next day 1/2 way).

I got home and was still all dressed up and sitting out back on the patio
chatting with Greg when Gracie lunges onto the grass and starts to heave for all
she's worth.  Heave, heave, and here comes something.  Her stomach was empty,
but for the two triangular pieces of cardboard.  They were 4 or 5 inches long
and almost that wide and VERY stiff, I have no idea how she swallowed them and
even less how she got them back up but there they were, 2 days later, in a pool
of yellow liquid.  Thank you G-d.  And so I started hoping then that she'd poop.
 Saturday night she didn't.  Again.  2 days now.  Oh boy.  But she had an
appetite so I decided to hope and we all went to bed and this morning she ate
and then I took her out and she pooped.  I took a look later and there was some
big pieces of cardboard folded up and then fanned back out ..... folks we dodged
a bullet here.

Tonight she was fine, ate normal, pooped normal, everything fine.  Positive
thinking is a very good thing, and Gracie should eat less inedible stuff.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson