[Dailydrool] Help for nighttime peeing needed!

Karen McKenna tibbotbasset at aol.com
Mon May 27 03:29:57 PDT 2013

Hi everyone
Anyone have any ideas how to curb nighttime accidents all over my kitchen?!?!  Flash and Amelia have been keeping paper towel and swiffer companies in business.
I had crates for them but about 18 months ago Amelia decided she was not happy with that, bit the door and got her muzzle stuck. She was fine but it was awful so out went the crates.
I have been gating them in the kitchen for easier cleanup.  Flash has a bladder full of stones so I hesitate to pick up the water.
Flash, we don't think, is responsible.  Rarely he will bark and wake us up to let him out in the night. I really think its Amelia.  She's about 7 or 8, in good health except for those back problems earlier this spring, but a round of steroids and some extra care seems to have greatly lessened that. Flash will be 10 in August. He's a grumpy old man but aside from the bladder stones he's in good health. And currently the bladder stones are not bothering him, not moving or passing. At least according to the vet last visit and their X-ray.
On a typical night I let them out at 11pm and my husband gets home at 3:30 am and let's them out then. Then I'm up at 6;40 and they're out once again. If doesn't seem like a super long time. But regularly there has been at least one large pee spot when he gets home and again when I get up. Yesterday there were 5!!!!
I have been tempted lately to pick up those puppy training pads but I don't want to encourage this!
Thank you,
Karen, Flash and Amelia.

Sent from my iPhone